Jul 16, 2019
Why should IT solution providers and manufacturers invest in
content specific for buyers or verticals, even if it's a core piece
of content once a quarter? In the world of IT, solution providers
have access to partner portals with great content.
However, when the content is blanket and generic, is the content
actually valuable to the customer? Do buyers "glaze over" it? In
this episode, Greg Hammer, Director of Agency Services at IMS360
walks us through why a Field Marketer or a Solution provider would
want to customize content. We also discuss positioning solutions
and integrations with other tech (versus selling single
technologies) and how to get sales team adoption.
- 02:30 - Greg Hammer, Director of Agency Services at IMS360. He
has a background in coding/ marketing undergrad/ MBA, and now gets
to be both technical and do content for the IT Channel. Greg even
worked a job in Yellowpages sales early in his career and has seen
the marketing industry transform.
- 06:00 - Definitions for the IT Channel. OEM (Original Equipment
Manufacturer), Resellers, and Distributors.
- 08:00 - Resellers do solution selling and sometimes partner
portal content is too blanket. Manufacturers therefore are starting
to enable resellers to start "customizing" content.
- 15:00 - How are we defining content? (e.g. a PowerPoint, versus
video, versus email) Content for loyalty/ existing customers,
versus new customers.
- 19:00 - Content formats vary, but it always needs to support
sales cycle and buyers journey. Best practices working with an
- 22:00 - Content can be a bad investment if it's not
distributed. Marketing is both art and science.
- 25:00 - Ways to think about distribution.
- 29:00 - Account-Based Marketing and Persona Development for
- 33:00 - Example of how video content helped a reseller tell an
in-depth story of a complex solution with one effective piece of
content. They built awareness and used it for follow-up with the
buyers after sales meetings.
- 37:00 - Parting words.